An Information Security Management System (ISMS), such as one designed around the ISO/IEC 27001 standard, provides a systematic approach to managing sensitive company information so that it remains secure. It includes people, processes, and IT systems by applying a risk management process. Contact Diversified to help implement, audit and train on your ISMS.
When it comes to defending against phishing attempts, an ISMS incorporates several layers of defense through its comprehensive approach:
1. Policy Development and Implementation
- Security Policies: An ISMS includes the development of security policies that specifically address phishing and other types of social engineering attacks. These policies establish guidelines for handling emails, links, and attachments from unknown sources.
2. Risk Assessment and Treatment
- Risk Identification: Regularly assess risks to identify potential vulnerabilities within the organization that could be exploited by phishing attacks.
- Risk Mitigation: Implement controls to mitigate identified risks, such as deploying advanced email filtering solutions and establishing protocols for sensitive information sharing.